Date: 10/24/18 1:43 pm
From: lorra rudman <lorra3...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Byard yellow bird
About two weeks ago I put my clean-for-the-winter hummer feeder back out, after reading a report of a nearby hummingbird. Though I haven’t seen any hummingbirds there, the contents continued to diminish. The only others I’ve caught drinking from the feeder have been raccoons (they tip-n-pour!!!) but i KNOW they haven’t been there; the feeder is one of seven hanging off the gutter outside my second story window and when the raccoons came in last year, they ate all they could get. Yesterday I was again going to take the feeder in for the season and EMPTY!!!! (i washed it, refilled and rehung) Are there still hummingbirds hanging around? I’m in Lincolnshire and it’s the end of October for Pete’s sake!!!

By the way another cool resource: http://jeaniron.ca/2018/wff18.htm. From my friend Tim Joyce at WildBirds, Glenview.
Ron Pittaway predicted eg the proliferation of red-breasted nuthatches, et al, we are all posting about.

> On Oct 24, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

> Hi Laura, I just wanted to say that anything related to birding is ok according to the group rules (unless they've changed). :)
>
> Suzanne

Join us on Facebook!