Date: 10/24/18 6:27 am
From: Jamie Chavez <almiyi...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] New County eBird Reviewers Announcement
All,

I wanted to share the news that recently two additional reviewers for SBA
have been added: Mark Holmgren and Nick Lethaby have both volunteered to be
eBird reviewers for our area. This territory includes the county mainland
and the Channel Islands within SBA. Along with Peter Gaede and myself as
continuing reviewers and Wim van Dam as our county Hotspot editor, we have
a really solid team in place to review and manage much of the eBird
checklist data that comes in.

eBird receives its fair share of criticism while at the same time provides
birding data like no other system available which is why it has become so
popular so having the added help will be a huge benefit to those of you who
participate in eBird and rely on the information. I occasionally receive
email outside of the eBird review process when someone discovers erroneous
information such as obvious misidentifications, high counts without
comments, distance and location issues, etc., and now there will be
additional local expertise to handle these problems. We ask that you
continue to notify one of us when you find such problems so we can address
it. We are all users of eBird (volunteering as reviewers) so we want it to
be as accurate as possible. This is a team effort and we also thank you for
your participation and accuracy which makes our job easier! Thanks again to
Nick and Mark for helping out.

Good birding,
--
Jamie M. Chavez