Date: 10/23/18 1:21 pm
From: Ben S <benrmnp...>
Subject: [cobirds] Standley Lake 10/23
I dipped on the Fork-tailed Flycatcher this morning. Between all of 111th
street from Prince Lake to Erie Pkwy being closed and all the construction
along Carbonate Lane, I missed it. I stopped by the north side of Standley
Lake on my way home. I got my first Cackling Geese, Canvasback, and
Ring-necked Duck of the season. Highlights included a RED-NECKED GREBE and
Common Loon swimming in the southwest end of the lake. An immature Harris's
Sparrow in the riparian willows near the parking lot was a plus. Lastly, a
very strange sounding Black-capped Chickadee.

Ben Sampson
Centennial, CO