Date: 10/21/18 8:21 am
From: Gary Fredricks <glfredricks55...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Shorebirds at Ocean Shores
Yesterday, I checked out the high tide roosting flock on the Oyhut game
range. Present were hundreds of dunlin and black-bellied plovers, dozens
of Western sandpipers, a few least sandpipers, six long-billed dowitchers
and seven red- knots. I also flushed a couple of pectoral sandpipers near
the western most pond. Of course, predators were also present with a
Merlin, a peregrine, harriers, and bald eagles causing some excitement.
Also, a northern shrike was hunting among the yards near the West end of
Marine View Drive.

Gary Fredricks
Washougal