Date: 10/20/18 12:11 pm
From: Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Madison Golden Eagle
'No luck for GE at Lighthouse.  But the theme all morning was "how low can you go?"  Everything:  Osprey, Harrier, BE, Great Blue Heron was right off the lawn. Harriers were over the lawn, harrying dirty diapers (the strong WSW winds had toppled all trash cans - usually the Park is very well cleaned) and Mourning Doves.  A lot of adult accipiters; one could actually compare facial and upperwing plumage differences, eg., between the bi-colored blue back of the male Coop with the drabber upper wing of the female Sharpy. 150 raptors as of about 2 pm.  Most seen exceedingly well. 21 Northern Harriers including 2 'Ghosts.  Late Bobolink and 3 Chimney Swifts.

Steve MayoBethany