Date: 10/19/18 8:01 am
From: 'Hayes, Matthew A' <mhaye5...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Re: USFWS Proposes to List the Eastern Black Rail as Threatened
Thanks for sharing this Keith - very interesting. Glad to hear that there is movement to help preserve the species. What confounds me is the primary reason for the lack of designation of critical habitat. Their afraid too many birders would invade the habitat to try and see the bird? Really? I honestly feel a bit insulted by this, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks again,

Matt Hayes

Post-doctoral researcher

University of Illinois-Springfield