Date: 10/17/18 8:46 am
From: dianemarie yates <maribird...>
Subject: Re: We're not just imagining the insect decline
Please excuse duplicate.

Sent from my iPod

On Oct 17, 2018, at 10:43 AM, dianemarie yates <maribird...><mailto:<maribird...>> wrote:

Sent from my iPod

On Oct 17, 2018, at 10:42 AM, dianemarie yates <maribird...><mailto:<maribird...>> wrote:

Saw fewer butterflies this summer than ever before. The honeybee nest that thrived under our garden shed for several seasons disappeared. Red hornets, however, were in their usual healthy supply, as were mosquitos, ticks & chiggars.

Sent from my iPod

On Oct 17, 2018, at 10:26 AM, Jerry Davis <jwdavis...><mailto:<jwdavis...>> wrote:

This is very disturbing and a message I have been heralding for over 40 years. I did not have research to prove it but by personal observations I knew that our insects were declining and there was a problem. Dr. E O Wilson said that insects is what fuels the world. Not only wildlife but over a billion people depend on insects for their protein. Only the most myopic would not recognize the connection, the problems and consequences.

Jerry Wayne Davis
Hot Springs, AR