Date: 10/15/18 10:49 pm
From: 'Deborah Carstensen' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Harris hawk? Adams county?
OK, I know this is an awful post because I don’t know the exact location and didn’t report it promptly. I apologize for that.
I was driving north on I 25 today at around 1:30 PM when a dark hawk flew over the highway from west to east and landed in a tree. It was very dark and had rust wing patches and white rump. It was approximately 2 miles north of the C-470 interchange.
It’s been in a very long day so I haven’t had a chance to go back and see where the Harris’s hawk had been in the last few days. I also can’t swear that this is a Harris’s hawk because I didn’t get a very good look at it. So, this falls into that for what it’s worth category.

Thanks, Deb Carstensen, Littleton

Sent from my iPhone