Date: 10/15/18 4:46 pm
From: 'Penny' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] ailing cedar waxwing
The red in the stool could be caused by eating berries.

On Monday, October 15, 2018, 5:49:32 PM EDT, 'janice grichor' via Birders <birders...> wrote:

Call the bird center of Washtenaw.
(734) 761-9640

On Monday, October 15, 2018, 12:02:39 AM EDT, 'bill butler' via Birders <birders...> wrote:

Today I found a Cedar Waxwing standing on the lawn by my house (southern Lapeer County).  It was quite alive with beautiful plumage and no apparent sign of injury, but made no response or attempt to move when I approached.  Two hours later it was still standing in the same spot.  I did notice a thin, watery stool that was milky white with dark red (blood?) streaks.  Any thoughts on possible diseases?

Thanks,
Bill Butler

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<269600782.9828058.1539576154239...>