Date: 10/11/18 10:05 am
From: Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad...>
Subject: [inland-NW-birders] UI Arboretum including late Townsend's Warbler
It was a great frosty fall morning in the University of Idaho Arboretum and
Botanical Gardens in Moscow. The highlight was my latest-for-Idaho
TOWNSEND'S WARBLER. I've repeatedly broken that personal record in the
last couple of weeks, but this one will become the latest eBird record for
all of North Idaho (pending acceptance). Other nice birds included a
minimum of 2 MYRTLE YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS, 3 late CHIPPING SPARROWS, a
small flock of Western Bluebirds, an intergrade Northern Flicker, a
Slate-colored/Cassiar-type junco, and the first Pine Siskin I've around
Moscow this fall. Still decent numbers of Audubon's Warblers and both
Kinglets, but many of these flew over to forage in ash trees in the SE
corner of the golf course after sunrise.

Full list on eBird: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49117851.

Good Birding,

Carl Lundblad
Moscow, ID