Date: 10/11/18 2:42 am
From: 'Andrew Clemens' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Ducks in Danger
So, if we all stop reporting in Ebird etc. Then all the hunters will get instant amnesia and forget that there are ducks on the Potomac???  That doesn't sound like a solution to me.
AndyCarney, Mr.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:23 PM, Sharon F1727<sharonf1727...> wrote: Everyone who cares about rare ducks and geese should be careful not to eBird them or report them in a public forum like this until after they are gone for this reason. Also, some FB groups ostensibly about birding are full of hunters, and you will be removed if you even mention it. Specifically, a group focused on a neighboring state, but probably other groups, too.

Sharon Forsyth
Washington, DC