Date: 10/10/18 1:21 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] SCV Audubon field trip 10-10-18
SCV Audubon field trip participants enjoyed perfect weather birding the
water district property on Almaden Exp. this morning. The pond is going
dry which concentrated the fish and the birds. Egrets and herons were
very active and noisy with interruptions from a diving Osprey, crows
mobbing hawks, etc. The birds paid no attention to the perched PEREGRINE
watching the spectacle below. We had a few notable passerines, WHITE
BREASTED NUTHATCH, FOX SPARROW, ORANGE CROWNED WARBLER, HERMIT THRUSH
and a BLACK THROATED GRAY WARBLER. A SPOTTED SANDPIPER was working the
edge of the pond and we flushed two GREEN HERONS along the river. A
single SCALY BREASTED MUNIA near the dam was seen by all. BELTED
KINGFISHERS chased each other around the pond. TURKEY VULTURES flew in
all morning and settled along the north edge of the pond.
Eve Meier will post an ebird report later today.

Janna Pauser
San Jose