Date: 10/10/18 11:48 am
From: Zia Fukuda <zialeefukuda...>
Subject: [obol] October OBA Photo Contest
Hello all, and thank you fort your patience while we took a break from the
Photo Contest last month! It is a pleasure to be back and I can't wait to
see all of the birds that have been making an appearance in our beautiful
state!
Submissions are now being accepted for the October OBA Photo Contest!
Though the OBA website has had a nice new update, the rules and guidelines
for the monthly photo contest are the same. Here's a quick run down:

-
- Contest submissions must be of wild birds only and while minor
editing to crop or adjust lighting are acceptable, photographs with major
modifications to the subject or background, or photo montages, will be
rejected by the contest moderator, whose decision is final.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to submit a photo in the
contest.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to vote in the contest.
- Submission period for photos will be the first two weeks of every
month, and must be received by our Contest Coordinator by 5 pm
on the 14th
day. Submitted photos will then be posted here for people to vote on.
- Once the voting is completed, the winning photo will be displayed
as our website home-page image for the following month.
- Photographers may only submit one photo per contest (monthly).
- Voters may only vote for one photo per contest (monthly).
- Photo must have been taken in Oregon and within the current month
or two months prior. For example, only photos from March, April, and May
will be accepted for May’s contest.
- Please include the species name, location, date the photo was
taken, and your name and email address.

To enter the contest, email 1 photo to the contest administrator, Zia
Fukuda at <zialeefukuda...>

Photo must have been taken in Oregon in August, September, or October of
this year. Please include the species name, location, date the photo was
taken, and your name and email address.

The deadline for entering is 5pm on October 14th.

Thank you all who continue to make this fun contest possible, and for those
who have, and who continue to submit. It is always a joy to see what
you're all seeing out there!

Cheers,

Zia Fukuda

Join us on Facebook!