Date: 10/10/18 9:46 am
From: Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad...>
Subject: Re: Apparent YELLOW-GREEN VIREO at Henderson BVP
Hi All,

I probably jumped the gun on calling this a Yellow-green (it's certainly
not a Red-eyed, either). The weak/plain facial pattern, apparent wing bar,
and other things (the description says the iris was red, but it looks dark
in the photo) suggest this is not a Yellow-green and may instead be a
Bell's Vireo. Paul Lehman, at first glance, suggested that it could be an
Eastern Bell's which is also a very interesting sighting for Nevada (if
confirm-able) and a potential future split.

Apologies for the confusion. Still would be a nice bird for others to go
refind and gain additional documentation.

Good Birding,

Carl Lundblad
Moscow, ID

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 9:06 AM Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad...>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Debbi Senechal photographed a vireo at the Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve
> on Tuesday morning which appears to be a YELLOW-GREEN VIREO. This was just
> one day after Ben Zyla found a Red-eyed at the same location, but this is
> quite clearly a different bird. Photos are in Debbi's eBird checklist (
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49090847), but I have no other details
> at this time.
>
> Good Birding and Good Luck!
>
> Carl Lundblad