Date: 10/10/18 5:59 am
From: JFoulke <0000022c3b78cbe9-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Bird walk question (I’ve never been on one)
We learned at the get-go that to be a better birder, go birding with better birders. We have been blessed with the knowledge of many excellent leaders that know the local habitats and how to get there, saving us a lot of time and frustration (I am "navigationally impaired"). And there's the safety issue; at a guided walk in Alaska this summer, the guide was packing a serious side-arm. We returned to the van heading to our next spot; 30 seconds later, we came upon a coastal brown bear and her two cubs. Awesome as they were, I would not have wanted to meet them on our own.
Good birding all!Judy FoulkeEgg Harbor Twp