Date: 10/8/18 6:03 pm
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] JeffersonTownship,10-08:Red-headedWoodpeckers,migrants
I stopped at two preserves in this township east of Gahanna, one of the
most forested areas left in central Ohio. I spent about a half hour each
in Jefferson Township Community Park and Boehnke Preserve, and found a
decent list of migrants for my trouble. Notables included:

Red-headedWoodpeckers - 2-3 were at Community Park, while 9-10 were at
Boehnke, suggesting an influx of these birds from points north
Sapsucker - 1 was at Boehnke, along with a variety of other woodpeckers
Red-br.Nuthatch - 1 was still at Boehnke Preserve
BrownCreeper - 1 was at Community Park
Blue-headedVireos - 2 were at Boehnke Preserve
Warblers - Magnolia, Black-thrGreens, and Bay-breasteds were all at
Community Park
Sparrows - a Lincoln's was at Community Park
Buntings,Grosbeaks - a juvie male Rose-br.Grosbeak was at Boehnke
Blackbirds - small flock of Redwings at Community Park, flock of Grackles
at Boehnke