Date: 10/8/18 6:20 am
From: bill fontenot <natrldlite...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Flycatcher trends?
Paul, et al —

my sample size (i. e our n. lafayette bottomland hardwood home) is tiny, but both the august stream of traill’s (cum alders) and september stream of acadians have been a tad better than average......presently we still have empids (non-vocal) coming through.....yesterday evening we got to watch one catching mosquitoes(?) ca.5’ off the ground around our birdbath....

in other news, great-cresteds and especially ew pewees have been particularly numerous and persistent here this fall ....... from mid-august-present....we’ve even heard (twice) those cool multiple-pewee interactions featured on most bird voice apps....

cheers,
bill fontenot
northern lafayette parish, LA

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 7, 2018, at 10:58 PM, janine robin <janinerobin1982...> wrote:
>
> Just the bugs...
>
>> On Sun, Oct 7, 2018, 10:50 PM Paul Conover <zoiseaux...> wrote:
>>
>> Labird,
>>
>> I've been seeing a lot fewer empids this year than in the past
>> (I haven't seen a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher yet this year), and I'm
>> wondering if I'm just missing them or if it's a trend.
>>
>> I also haven't seen an Olive-sided in Cameron this fall, which
>> is amazing. I don't recall any reports of Say's Phoebes, either, but
>> perhaps it's early for them.
>>
>> There are certainly enough bugs for flycatchers.
>>
>> Anyone else noticing these things--or not?
>>

>> Paul Conover
>>
>> Lafayette

Join us on Facebook!