Date: 10/8/18 4:47 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Raccoon Ridge (07 Oct 2018) 158 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 2 3 18

Total: 158 432 9256

Observation start time: 09:45:00
Observation end time: 18:00:00
Total observation time: 8.25 hours

Official Counter: Jim Thomson

Observers: Brian Hardiman, Jack McCormack, Sara Hart, Scott Kalter

Visitors:
A huge WELCOME BACK to our great friends from New Hampshire- Scott and
Sidney Kalter !!! So great to have you guys back on the ridge where you
belong !!
SOBO's- Thunderfluff, Little Red, Elvis, Shieldmaiden,
"127", Big Chicken Best of luck to you all !!

Hikers- 42

Weather:
Temp 68-76deg.F, Wind W/NW @ 3-7 MPH
The day started with heavy cloud cover and a light mist.
Cloud cover started to lift at 11:00am and skies began to clear out nicely
as the day progressed

Raptor Observations:
BE- 2:48I
PG- 2:22A,2:37UA,3:00UA,4:02A,4:47A,4:58I

A fun day on the ridge today with great company and a
steady flow of raptors moving thru in the afternoon.
Many close birds and many birds at the owl decoy.
Bird of the Day was a really tough choice today as we had many contenders,
but the immature Northern Harrier that passed by giving us great looks in
beautiful light gets the nod !
Also a Thank you to Larry Bailey for the "phone in"
Peregrine Falcon !

Non-raptor Observations:
Ravens ( group of 15 birds streaming right over us)
Loon
Canada Geese
BV's & TV's
Monarch- 26
Blue headed Vireo,Blackpoll,BT Green,Swainsons Thrush
Black Rat Snake ( seen by BH & SH on hike in )
Garter Snake ( seen by BH,SH, and JT on hike out )
Report submitted by Jim Thomson (<hawkinflight...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=339

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi