Date: 10/6/18 5:13 pm
From: Ruth McMullin <0000092159e55d80-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [GABO-L] Half Male / Half Female Rose-Breasted Grosebeak
Warren,

I am not a bird expert. I am a volunteer educator at the University of Georgia’s aquarium. While I was helping out with a program for the public, introducing people to fishing and crabbing, one of our people caught a blue crab that was also a gynandromorph.

I asked the scientists at the aquarium and one of them, Dodie Sanders, told me that my crab (I took a photo) was a gynandromorph. When I did a bit of research online, I found that this condition is shared by crabs, birds, and insects. Not often, but occasionally.

Ruth McMullin
8 Breckenridge Lane
Savannah GA 31411
912 598 7197; cell 912 695 9575
<rrmcmullin...>

On Oct 6, 2018, at 4:16 PM, Warren <whowe...> wrote:

Let me know if you think this is just a strange molt pattern...

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>