Date: 10/5/18 12:50 pm
From: 'Jorgensen, Joel' <Joel.Jorgensen...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Harlan Co. & Lower Platte CBCs [no sighting]
NEbirders:

Yes it is early, but calendars fill up quickly. The dates for the Harlan County and Lower Platte River Christmas Bird Counts (CBC) will be as follows:

Harlan County CBC: Friday, 14 December with a weather date of Tuesday, 18 December.
Lower Platte River CBC: Thursday, 27 December with a weather date of 28, 29 or 30 December.

Last year, the Harlan County CBC tallied 96 species and gave the Lake McConaughy all it could handle to maintain its spot as the top CBC (based on total # of species) in the state. I hope we can make another strong push this year. The inaugural Lower Platte River CBC tallied 71 species in bitterly cold weather earlier this year. Please contact me off list if you are interested in participating in either CBC. Thanks.

-Joel

Joel Jorgensen | Nongame Bird Program Manager
Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
2200 N. 33rd 68503 | 402.471.5440
<joel.jorgensen...><mailto:<joel.jorgensen...>

Visit the Birds of Nebraska - Online <http://www.birdsofnebraska.org/> | www.birdsofnebraska.org

Join us on Facebook!