Date: 10/3/18 8:10 am
From: Bill Vermillion <bill.gcjv...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Wingspan Optics
They can check the American Racing Pigeon Union website for a list of band
codes to track down the bird's owner, but they'll need more information. I
think AU 2018 is a generic band meaning the bird's owner is part of the
Union and that the bird was banded in 2018. One of the other bands should
have additional info that can be used at the website to find the owner.

Bill Vermillion

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 8:13 AM CC Lockwood <
<0000013d54e5c7e5-dmarc-request...> wrote:

> A neighbor has a pigeon with three bands on its leg. I have only seen a
> picture of its legs. One leg has a red and green band and the other a
> black band. They say they can read AU 2018. Feet are orange and belly has
> light grey feathers. They want to know if anybody wants it.
>
> It was walking up their sidewalk semi injured last evening in rural WFP.
> CC lockwood
>
> CC Lockwood
> PO Box 3624
> St. Francisville, LA 70775
> 225-245-5008
> www.cclockwood.com
> All included photographs are copyrighted CC Lockwood
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Sep 29, 2018, at 8:59 PM, Nancy L Newfield <nancy...>
> wrote:
>
> Howdy LABIRDers,
>
> A little while ago, I received an unsolicited link to a company or brand of
> binoculars by the name in the subject. I never hears of this outfit. Is
> it new? Reputable?
>
> I am not in the market for any new optics, but I am often asked for
> recommendations.
>
> NLN
> --
> Nancy L Newfield