Date: 10/2/18 9:37 am
From: Harry & Phyllis Salyards <hpsalyar...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Re: Spring Creek Prairie - The Big Sit!
Yesterday saw hawk and kingfisher battling at Heartwell park. Afterwards, hawk perched on railing of wooden bridge for some time. Totally white underneath.

Also want to report about 4 to 5 days ago had Carolina wren at feeder. They have been in our yard for about 3 to 4 years during the colder months. I had time to scrutinize it well and then happened to check my Sibley. Had been unaware of two races? of Carollinas till looking in the book. The bird in my yard was definitely of the Mexican type. Lots of black outlining the eye stripe and an area of black and off white little stippling on lower side of head neck region.

Phyllis Salyards , Hastings, Adams Co. midtowns. Not the burbs.

Posted by: Harry & Phyllis Salyards <hpsalyar...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)