Date: 10/2/18 5:10 am
From: Noah Comet <noahcomet...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] GHOW in Catonsville
I'll never forget the first time I (mindfully) heard that
sound---definitely one of the events that made me into a birder.

To that end---I know school's in session, so late nights might be
challenging, and I know it's hard to predict when the hooting will happen,
but if you've got kids in your life, GHO season (so to speak) is prime-time
for making young birders if you can get them to listen at the right time
and place. This book is about as good a companion to that experience as
you're likely to find:

https://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-399-21457-8

Ages 4-7, I'd say.

Noah