Date: 10/1/18 12:09 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Common Birds in Strange Places Story Contest
No one can one-up the Tattler in my opinion. Thanks for the photo. I do
recall a Rock
Wren in a driveway, reported to OBOL some years ago.

As to nuthatches, I was once standing at the top of Steen's Mountain
looking east, down at a flock
in flight of what I first took for Starlings(!). Of course they were Black
Rosy Finches.

Horizontally (9700') from the NE, barely visible off at a distance, a small
bird was approaching. It landed
almost at my feet and walked/hopped over a boulder. It was a Red-breasted
Nuthatch.

Bob OBrien

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 5:37 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:

> I saw a Red-breasted Nuthatch fly across the road in pure sagebrush near
> Brothers once.
>
> Here’s the tattler in Mitch Ratzlaff’s driveway in Dallas.
>

> Alan Contreras
> <acontrer56...>
> Eugene, Oregon
>
> www.alanlcontreras.com
>

> On Sep 19, 2018, at 5:30 PM, James Billstine <billstinj...> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> With all of the wonderful rarities people have been reporting I was
> wondering about reports people have of common birds in rare places. A month
> or so ago someone mentioned a Wandering Tattler in a driveway in the
> valley.
>
> My own best is a White-Breasted Nuthatch in a flock of red-breasted
> nuthatches at 5K+ feet in the high cascades of Douglas County in a
> lodgepole pine forest.
>
> Can anyone top mine? How about the tattler? Let me and others know!
>

> James
>
> --
> James Billstine
>
> http://wingsaroundtheumpqua.blogspot.com/