Date: 10/1/18 8:31 am
From: Russell Taylor via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Manassas NBP 9/30 - sparrows
Phil Kenny and I attempted to bird Conway Robinson and then NY Monuments in
Manassas 9/30, but both were blocked by a Rt 29 closure for a run of some
sort. We then tried Sparrow Alley / NE Fields, which had a
birding-compatible equestrian event going on. Lenny Bankester met us there.

We only managed 2 species of warbler (Palms and a Bay-breasted), but there
were a good variety (albeit in low numbers - 1 or a few of each) of
sparrows: Chipping, Field, Song, Swamp, Savannah, Towhee, and Phil even
found a Lincoln's.

Other notables: a late Baltimore Oriole, more House Wrens (4) than
Carolinas (3), a Red-breasted Nuthatch, and quite a few Indigo Buntings
still present.

Russ Taylor