Date: 9/30/18 1:59 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RBA Clatsop Co - wagtail
There was also an Eastern yellow wagtail in Marin County just North of San
Francisco last week. Maybe it's a year for them. Bob O'Brien

On Sunday, September 30, 2018, Thomas Love <tlove...> wrote:
> I heard one flight call (but did not see) an EASTERN YELLOW WAGTAIL this
morning at the South Jetty, about 8 am. About 200 yards beyond Parking
Area C, where the level gravel trail ends in the sandy Salicornia pond
area, left over the jetty. Very like this recording:
https://www.xeno-canto.org/127900 but even more emphatic. The burry
downward note was very distinctive. Also in the area were a/the flock of
15+/- LAPLAND LONGSPURS (nothing in with them that I could see) and 5-6
WATER PIPITS. Try as I might, I never heard the wagtail again in almost an
hour in the area.

> Offshore was active with expected regulars. Also a glimpse of a smallish
whale, presumably GRAY.

> At Parking Area D blind area were 15+/1 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS, a BAIRD’S
SANDPIPER, 5-6 WESTERN S., two BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER and several DUNLIN,
also a BALD EAGLE, among expected gulls, NO. PINTAILS and some AMER WIGEON.

> Tom L.

Join us on Facebook!