Date: 9/28/18 6:47 am
From: Jim Nelson <kingfishers2...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Huge Blue Jay flight now Darnestown Mont Co
Yesterday, during an hour of viewing from my deck in the early morning, I counted 200 Blue Jays passing over.  I estimate it may have been twice that many because I have limited view of the sky due to surrounding trees and because I wasn't looking up constantly since I was also trying to find elusive birds in the trees.
This morning I had more modest numbers, clocking about 50 Blue Jays in an hour with the same caveats about limited view and not constantly looking up.
Certainly sounds like a significant movement of Jays yesterday and today.
Jim NelsonBethesda, Montgomery Co.