Date: 9/26/18 7:14 pm
From: Kevin Morgan <cowboyinbrla...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Elmer's Island - airport
I don't see anything in the article suggesting that there would be any new birding location that would offset the loss of habitat to the airport.

Rather, as I understand it, DWF was planning on birding-friendly amenities, like the ones mentioned, exactly where the airport is proposed, but they have not identified any other spot that would be used to provide those amenities if the "airport" location became unavailable due to the airport's development. In fact, I would have to assume, given the perimeter requirements for even small airports for private planes, there would be precious little land available for anything else, and even that would be horrendously degraded from the perspective of observing wildlife.

Kevin Morgan