Date: 9/23/18 4:43 pm
From: Dave <dpalmermd59...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Possible Fork-tailed Flycatcher in Kent County
I will see what I can get but this came from a co-worker of mine in Kent
County.

Dave


On 9/23/2018 7:38 PM, Phil Davis wrote:
> Hey Dave:
>
> Phil Davis here with the records committee ...
>
> I see that you say that you have no further details on this sighting.
> Can you please give me the email address of the observers so I can
> write them to ask them a couple of questions:
>
> *Additional Details.* Fork-tailed Flycatchers have dark heads, so
> could there be some confusion on the species? Could this have been a
> Scissor-tailed Flycatcher? Are there any other details or information
> they could provide regarding this sighting? I assume no photos were
> taken. Did they take any written notes during or just after the
> sighting? How did they eliminate similar species and resolve the issue
> about the Scissor-tailed vs. Fork-tailed Flycatcher issue? How was it
> determined that it was a female? What was the habitat like in the
> backyard?
>
> *Committee Review.* Would they like the records committee to review
> this to try and turn it into an official MD record? Without additional
> information, especially on how similar species were eliminated, it
> will likely be a challenge to get this accepted. However, we can
> always just consider it to be "one that got away."
>
> FYI, here are some reference links:
>
> https://identify.whatbird.com/obj/836/identification/Fork-tailed_Flycatcher.aspx
>
>
> https://identify.whatbird.com/obj/844/identification/Scissor-tailed_Flycatcher.aspx
>
> Alternatively, Dave, feel free to forward this message to them.
>
> I hope to hear back. Thanks!
>
> Phil
>
>
> At 07:06 PM 09/13/2018, Dave Palmer wrote:
>> I received an e-mail from a trusted source about a female Fork-tailed
>> Flycatcher near Worton, MD (Kent County) on Wednesday, September 12. 
>> I have no further details but it looks genuine.
>>
>> Subject: Fwd: Birders
>>
>> > Subject: Fwd: Birders
>> > Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 4:18 PM
>> >
>> > FYI from my neighborhood
>> >
>> > Begin forwarded message:
>> >
>> > From:
>> > "'Bob '
>> >
>> > Hi... Linda and I
>> > spotted a female forked tail flycatcher in our backyard Sunday
>> > afternoon. I just saw it again in our backyard.
>> > It's an accidental that seldom is seen outside of Mexico and Texas. Be
>> > on the lookout. It has an almost solid white
>> > (flycatcher) head with a light gray body and grayish wings.
>> > Plus a long grayish 'forked' tail. There was one at Eastern Neck about
>> > 8 years ago. Both probably here because of the series of storms that
>> > occurred between here and its normal home.
>>
>> --
>> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
>> To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this
>> group on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com <http://www.mdbirding.com/>
>> Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it
>> here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html
>> <http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html>
>
> ===================================================
> Phil Davis, Secretary
> MD/DC Records Committee
> 2549 Vale Court
> Davidsonville, Maryland  21035     USA
> 301-261-0184
> mailto:<PDavis...>
>
> <mailto:<PDavis...>MD/DCRC Web site:
> http://www.MDBirds.org/mddcrc/rcindex.html
> <http://www.mdbirds.org/mddcrc/rcindex.html>===================================================
>
>

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

 
Join us on Facebook!