Date: 9/19/18 4:44 pm
From: Marcia Watson <marshwren50...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Hummers
Russ,

A few weeks ago, someone had posted that their resident hummers seemed to have left on migration. Others responded that their feeders were hosting birds that seemed to be in the midst of migration. As I recall, that’s what started the thread. For me, the interest is in tracking the timing of the passage of the migration.

On a practical level, I think some may be interested to know how long to leave their feeders up. As George Jett has reminded us, leaving feeders up longer may attract some rarities late in the season.

Marcia
Marcia Watson
Patuxent Bird Club
A Chapter of the Maryland Ornithological Society
www.patuxentbirdclub.org

Bowie, Maryland
<marshwren50...>