Date: 9/14/18 2:44 pm
From: Herbert Larner via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Shore Birds still in Stuarts Draft
Hello all

This morning I met up with Elaine Carwile & we went over to the field in Stuarts Draft to see if any of the Shore birds I found yesterday were still there . Below is what we found .

KILLDEER -- 55+

SEMIPALMATED PLOVER -- 2

WHITE - RUMPED SANDPIPER -- 13

PECTORAL SANDPIPER -- 15+

BUFF - BREASTED SANDPIPER -- 1

After that we headed up to Rockingham County to a few places known for Shore Birds but came up empty . We decided to go to Capt. Yancey Rd . to the sod farm . Here we found .

Am. Golden Plover -- 4 one still in breeding plumage

Killdeer -- 50+

Semipalmated Plover -- 2

Spotted Sandpiper -- 1

Least Sandpiper -- 4 +

White - rumped Sandpiper -- 5

possible Baird's Sandpiper -- 3 -- distant birds had the right markings & wings looked like they extended beyond tail

Pectoral -- 10+

Buff - breasted -- 1

At Leonard's pond we had the following .

Killdeer -- 4

Lesser Yellowlegs -- 1

Least sandpiper -- 2

Stilt sandpiper -- 1

It was a long but fun day looking for Shore Birds in the Mountains & Valley area of Virginia .

This is a FYI for all the ones who do E Bird . My posts on E Bird are by my first name Herbert Larner . All listserv's are signed by my middle name .

Allen Larner
Staunton