Date: 9/10/18 2:44 pm
From: Derek C. Richardson <dcr...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] lake artemesia ibis

the birds continue at 5:45 pm (a second egret flew in and landed further
south)

unfortunately I don’t have much experience with ibis, so I can’t tell if
this is Glossy or White-faced. I didn’t see any white on the face, but no
scope. no eye color either. Otherwise dark overall with greenish tinge
to black feathers, lighter throat and face. possibly injured: it was
hopping on its left leg. I’ve got some likely terrible iPhone photos and
a movie I’ll check later.

also of note: a single Least Sandpiper working the southwest corner of the
lake.

--
Derek C. Richardson, Laurel, PG County, MD
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~dcr/personal.html