Date: 8/30/18 10:42 am
From: Fred Shaffer <glaucousgull...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Black Terns at Chestertown WWTP
I birded a few locations in Kent County this morning. Highlights included 3 Black Terns at Chestertown Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP). The birds were flying back and forth over the water and resting on the exposed hoses/pipes. I got good scope views of these non-breeding terns. Other highlights from the morning included a Western Sandpiper with the yellowlegs at the WWTP.  At other stops, I saw 12 Short-billed Dowitchers, several dozen Semi-Sandpipers and 20 or so Bobolinks at Chesapeake Farms.  A quick stop at Eastern Neck NWR turned up more Bobolinks, 1 Least Flycatcher and 1 Trails Flycatcher. Good birding,
Fred <ShafferGlaucousGull...>, Anne Arundel