Date: 8/30/18 10:21 am
From: Rajesh Mohan <rmohan26...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Saturday's mini-Pelagic off of Chatham
Thank you everyone for the enjoyable trip.  Being on a smaller boat gives a lower view point that makes for a closer experience.
Here are some photos from the trip.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rajeshmohan/albums/72157697564123142/with/43446629745/

On Sunday, August 26, 2018, 6:52:06 PM EDT, <dave.williams6...> wrote:

I am posting this for Peter Trull.Dave WilliamsReading, MA

We had another great trip east of Chatham with Capt. Kenny Eldredge aboard the F/V Kittiwake. Constant birds, a great jaeger show, calm seas and 7 very enthusiastic and excited birders and photographers. Heading northeast we had a flock exhibiting all four species of shearwaters sitting on the water at close range. Parasitic jaegers throughout the trip, chasing terns or flying by. Terns were very active throughout the trip with lots of juvies being fed by parents or diving on their own, sharpening their fishing skills. Bass and bait were evident as were 3 humpback whales (mother/calf and escort), and at least 2 minke whales sneaking around feeding on ubiquitous sand eels. Shearwaters continually. All in all, there’s nothing like a day on the water! Contact Blair Nikula to sign up. <odenews...>

E bird list below

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48081914

Peter Trull

Brewster