Date: 8/29/18 9:11 am
From: <pjcampbell56...>
Subject: RE: [MDBirding] New Website for Maryland Ornithological Society
Just renewed online…..piece of cake. Nice website.

Thanks,

Joannie

<http://www.birdingboomers.com> www.birdingboomers.com

“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” Audrey Hepburn

From: 'Jim Stasz' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> <mailto:<mdbirding...> >

Date: 8/29/18 10:02 AM (GMT-05:00)

To: <mebalestri...> <mailto:<mebalestri...> , <katahdinss...> <mailto:<katahdinss...> , <mdbirding...> <mailto:<mdbirding...>

Cc: <auk1844...> <mailto:<auk1844...> , <cheep.paul...> <mailto:<cheep.paul...> , <barbarajohnson222...> <mailto:<barbarajohnson222...> , <mdbirding...> <mailto:<mdbirding...>

Requiring membership to use features on the website seems unusual for a website of a nonprofit organization.

_____

On Wednesday, August 29, 2018 Marcia Balestri <mebalestri...> <mailto:<mebalestri...> > wrote:

Agreed on the Records Committee needing a separate tab. Not wanting to pile on, because I applaud finally getting a new website, but I don’t remember having a user name and password on the old site. It appears that you have to “join” and pay your dues to be able to go to the members only part of the website. What about those who have already paid their dues (or have a lifetime membership)? I don’t find a place to register with a user name and password if you are already a member.

_____________________

Marcia Balestri
Worcester County, Maryland
<mebalestri...> <mailto:<mebalestri...>

“...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." Charles Darwin, 1871

On Aug 29, 2018, at 7:52 AM, Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...> <mailto:<katahdinss...> > wrote:

That seems a very strange place for it. It seems to me it should be under Sightings or better yet, have its own tab as Records Committee.

Gail Mackiernan
Colesville, MD

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 29, 2018, at 7:22 AM, Joe Hanfman <auk1844...> <mailto:<auk1844...> > wrote:

Paul

The MD/DCRC is under the Conservation tab.

Joe Hanfman
Columbia, MD

On Aug 29, 2018, at 6:56 AM, <cheep.paul...> <mailto:<cheep.paul...> wrote:

The new website looks great - very easy to navigate. That said, I couldn’t find any links to the MD/DC Records Committee and all the resources that section had on the old site (official lists of the birds of MD and of DC, the database, etc). Did I miss it or is that going to be added?

Paul Pisano
Arlington, VA

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2018, at 11:35 PM, Barbara Johnson <barbarajohnson222...> <mailto:<barbarajohnson222...> > wrote:

MOS is proud to introduce its new website! Many thanks to our website committee chaired by webmaster Tom Strikwerda, and to Connect4 Consulting, our developer. Join MOS or renew your membership online and explore the many aspects the Maryland Ornithological Society!
www.mdbirds.org <http://www.mdbirds.org>