Date: 8/29/18 7:29 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Swan Creek 8/24/2018
I surveyed Swan Creek on Friday.

Passerine migrants were few, but the ones I found were notable: Red-breasted Nuthatch, Mourning Warbler, Cape May Warbler, and a probable Least Flycatcher.

Shorebird highlights included Black-bellied Plover (2), Stilt Sandpiper (1), White-rumped Sandpiper (1), and Short-billed Dowitcher (2).

Dabbling ducks were numerous. I counted 27 Blue-winged Teal, 42 Northern Shovelers, 628 Mallards, and 30 Green-winged Teal.

Other highlights: Virginia Rail and Common Raven.

eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48040325

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD

*** NOTE: Swan Creek/Cox Creek is an active industrial site and mitigation project in northern Anne Arundel Co. Access is at the end of Kembo Road off Fort Smallwood Road near 695. The site is open ONLY Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please be in your car and leaving at 3:30 p.m.. Remember to always sign in at the office, to be on your best behavior (people have worked hard to coordinate this access), and to stick to permitted areas. This Swan Creek map linked here details where you are and aren't allowed to walk. http://www.billhubick.com/docs/swan_creek_map.jpg. ***