Date: 8/27/18 1:51 pm
From: David Young via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Reston - Common Nighthawks
Last evening ( 6:45 PM) I watched from our deck ~ 8 Common Nighthawks working
the skies above the 1st and 2nd fairways on Hidden Creek CC. I would imagine
there are quite a few in the illuminated sky over Reston Town Center after sunset.
Today I had an uncommon but not a first for the yard adult Yellow Warbler. Also after
only observing one female Hummingbird for one May day and zero in June, I
took down the feeders due to travel for most of July- Aug. I replaced it on Thursday
and have 3 , possibly 4 out there now doing battle for feeder dominance. Last night
one perched on the feeder until after dark and appeared to fall asleep. it was motionless
for close to a half an hour. Not the first time that I've seen that happen.

David Young
Reston, Virginia
<lcdyoung93...>