Date: 7/11/18 7:34 pm
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Trillium Lake mystery birdsong, ?Hermit Warbler
Just as an fyi, here is a typical Hermit Warbler song heard on Mt Hood,
note the two syllables to the intro phrase and the high finish. I
recorded this a few years ago down along Fifteenmile Creek. This is the
most common Hermit song I hear on the east side of the mountain. On the
black-throated warblers, listen for number of syllables in the intro. and
which part of phrase is stressed the most.

https://youtu.be/VjuQA6mQQ9k

Bob Archer
PDX

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:04 PM, David Irons <llsdirons...> wrote:

> Bob Archer is correct. This definitely sounds like a MacGillivray’s. The
> bird sounds like it is close to the ground, which would be atypical for a
> singing Hermit. Hermit Warblers have a much buzzier high-pitched song that
> usually ends with two emphatic zee-zee type notes at the end. They are
> treetop singers.
>
> Dave Irons
> Beaverton, OR
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 11, 2018, at 6:36 PM, Bob Archer <rabican1...> wrote:
>
> I offer the following alternative :)
>
> https://www.xeno-canto.org/species/Geothlypis-tolmiei
>

> Bob Archer
>

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 6:27 PM, Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys...>
> wrote:
>
>> while walking the Trillium Lake (Mt Hood) loop on 7/9, heard an
>> unfamiliar birdsong very close, recorded two short audio/videos, but could
>> not see the bird. have been listening to some possibilities, and seems
>> closest to some recordings of Hermit Warbler, looking for either
>> confirmation or other ideas, also saw many hundreds of butterflies
>> (California Tortoiseshells are on the move again), thanks for any help, if
>> interested google photo link
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/LyXwBY3MLCevfY8E8
>>
>> Bonnie Comegys
>> blcomegys AT gmail.com