Date: 7/11/18 2:09 pm
From: Gordon Bonnet <jaggy227...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] bird song question
Hi…

I keep hearing a bird in & near my house (in Trumansburg), but haven’t been able to see it — always too well hidden in underbrush, usually down by my creek. (Not dense woods, just lots of places to hide.) Its song is a steady trill (all on one pitch) followed by a single, higher note — “trrrrrrrrrrrrrr cheep” — with a distinct gap between the trill and the last note. It’s quite emphatic, and doesn’t have the thin quality I’ve heard in a lot of warbler songs.

I’ve gone through all of the birds I thought were possible candidates and have listened to recordings online — and I can’t find one that’s even close. Does anyone have any ideas?

I’ll keep trying to see it, but several days and no luck…

Thanks for any help

Gordon Bonnet
Trumansburg NY

ARCHIVES: