Date: 7/10/18 7:28 pm
From: Joe Roller <jroller9...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Re: FYI: Caifornia Condor Near Our WY Border
Here is a link to the American Birding Association rules about
"countable" birds.
http://listing.aba.org/reintroduced-indigenous-species/

In my opinion, this is total BS, and I would not "count" a species with
a very short record of breeding success.

Perhaps someone can show me my error, but it used to be that a population
had
to get established in the wild, with continued breeding success.
Perhaps I got it all wrong, but I think ABA "caved" to the demands of
birders desparate
for new species to tick.

Joe Roller, Denver