Date: 7/10/18 10:27 am
From: Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Photo Identification Help?
Beautiful photo.

I agree with Bob that this is a Common Yellowthroat. Young Orange-crowns are a greener yellow all over versus a warmer yellow in the areas that are the most yellow. The upper parts are browner. They are fairly washed out compared to adults.

Another clue is the face pattern. There is contrast between the throat and auriculars and the corners of the throat come to a point similar to a Myrtle Warbler.

Shawneen Finnegan
Beaverton

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 10, 2018, at 7:24 AM, Bob Archer <rabican1...> wrote:
>
> Hi:
>
> Not sure if the bill is pointed enough, how about a Common Yellowthroat.
>
> Bob Archer
>
>> On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 7:14 AM, Jim Leonard <photojleonard...> wrote:
>> I photographed this young fledgling yesterday just west of the "Narrows" at Baskett Slough NWR. It was flying around in the willows and blackberry bushes. I thought it might be an Orange-crowned Warbler fledgling. What do you think? Click on link below for two photos. Photos by Jim Leonard.
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/fLwvNitzeJU6BXuH8

Join us on Facebook!