Date: 7/9/18 9:55 pm
From: Benjamin Johnson <tiger80...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Request for merlin sightings
Hello All. We've been monitoring 15 merlin nests in the Puget Sound area this summer. Most of these nests have recently fledged, or will soon fledge, so keep an eye (and ear) open for groups of young merlins begging and practicing their flying skills. They are a lot of fun to watch. This can be a great time to find new territories that we didn't locate in spring since the young are so active and vocal. We'd greatly appreciate any tips you can provide on evidence of merlin breeding actiivity, such as the presence of groups of recently fledged merlins. It will help us fill in some of the gaps in our study area.

As always, keep an eye out for banded merlins, we'd love to hear about any resightings of banded merlins you may have.

If you are so inclined to share your observations please contact Ben Vang-Johnson (bvjohnson87 at gmail dot com) or Kim McCormick (kim.mccormick at comcast dot net). We'll keep any information shared with us confidential, and we greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!

Ben