Date: 7/7/18 7:46 pm
From: Kurt Radamaker <kurtrad...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] bird Maps (no birds)
On my birding te cloud site: http://birdingthecloud.com/
I have created an ebird map that will find recent sightings of any bird in the world, by country.
http://birdingthecloud.com/ebirdApi/ebirdWorldSpecies.html
Give the species box a minute to load all 15 thousand world species including subspecies
For example if you are looking for Shoebill,1. type Uganda in Country box2. type Shoebill in species box (wait for text box to locate shoebill) select it3. Once Shoebill is selected4. Click the submit button.

This map will be useful if you are travelling to a country and have some specific targets in mind!
The map can be a little quirky and slow, so be patient, it is a lot of data.
Happy hunting
Kurt.
PS.
I have also added to the AZ Notable map. In the species popup is a link to all sightings in the US.For example,  if you select the dot or (dropdown) for Rose-breasted Grosbeak in AZ, in the details popup box is a link to all recent Rose-breasted Grosbeak sightings in the US.This is helpful for seeing species overall ranges in the U.S.
Maps can also be found at my ESRI site here: http://kurtrad.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html
Kurt