Date: 7/6/18 2:53 pm
From: Janeanne Houston <houstojc...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Belated Common Nighthawk Report
I apologize for not posting this earlier. This is for you, Ed Newbold! 😊 On June 23rd, I was outside watering at 9:50 p.m., and heard a Common Nighthawk call three times. It was flying west over our home in the Gatewood neighborhood of West Seattle, which isn’t far from Lincoln Park. I hesitated to post, since I only heard it. We saw one fly over on 2016 Solstice, but had not seen/heard one since then. Joy to my midwestern heart. I’ve enjoyed the recent Nighthawk thread, and would love it if they returned to the Seattle area.

In other heard- but -not- seen news, we heard a Eurasian Collared Dove in Lincoln Park today. First time for us there, although one stopped by our home briefly in the spring.

Janeanne Houston

West Seattle

<houstojc...>