Date: 7/6/18 8:23 am
From: Ron Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Re: eBird Report - Swamp Road, Jul 3, 2018
On Jul 6, 2018 10:28 AM, <ebird-checklist...> wrote:

Swamp Road, Saratoga, New York, US
Jul 3, 2018 6:55 AM - 8:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: Greg and I got out fairly early to beat the heat.
That said, it was already in the low 80s at 7 am, and rose
quickly. We parked the car and walked most of the length of Swamp
Road. Birds were not super active, but we always had something to
look at or listen to. I was happy to see a Willow Flycatcher and
call it before it called and confirmed the ID.
38 species

Great Blue Heron 1
Mourning Dove 4
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1 Calling from back in the swamp to the
North of the Road
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Willow Flycatcher 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Eastern Kingbird 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 3
Blue Jay 3
American Crow 2
Tree Swallow 2
Black-capped Chickadee 2
Tufted Titmouse 4
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
House Wren 1
Veery 2
Wood Thrush 3
American Robin 7
Gray Catbird 5
Common Yellowthroat 6
American Redstart 1
Yellow Warbler 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler 2
Field Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 3
Swamp Sparrow 2
Eastern Towhee 1
Northern Cardinal 3
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 1
Bobolink 1
Baltimore Oriole 1
Red-winged Blackbird 17
Common Grackle 2
American Goldfinch 4

View this checklist online at
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S47022881

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3
(http://ebird.org)

Posted by: Ron Harrower <rharrower...>

Join us on Facebook!