Date: 7/4/18 5:36 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Riley Ranch Nature Reserve, Tumalo Res, and Hatfield, ECAS Wednesday
We did some on foot birding today. First trip for Wednesdays to Riley
Ranch. Half of us went on to Tumalo Reservoir where we finished with
seeing Peter Low and hearing about 10 species of shorebirds at Hatfield
so 3 of us went there next. List below will note location for a "good"
bird if it was only seen in one site. PS, for the list from last week,
we will remove Vesper Sparrow but add Wilson's Warbler.

This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net
Canada Goose
Tundra Swan - cont 3 at Hatfield
Gadwall -
Mallard
Cinnamon Teal
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser - Tum Res
Ruddy Duck
Eared Grebe - 10, Hatfield
Turkey Vulture
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs - 2 at Hatfield, poss also 1 Tum Res
Lesser Yellowlegs - 1 at Hatfield
Solitary Sandpiper - 1 at Hatfield
Spotted Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper - 2 at Hatfield
Western Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Short-billed Dowitcher - 1 at Hatfield, took long time to get good views
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Anna's Hummingbird - good view Tum Res
Downy Woodpecker - Tum Res
Northern Flicker
Olive-sided Flycatcher - Riley Ranch
Western Wood-Pewee - Riley Ranch
Unidentified Empidonax - very possible Willow, Tum Res
Ash-throated Flycatcher - Tum Res
Black-billed Magpie
Common Raven
Tree Swallow
Violet-green Swallow
Northern Rough-winged Swallow - river Riley Ranch
Bank Swallow
Mountain Chickadee
Pygmy Nuthatch
American Dipper - river Riley Ranch
Townsend's Solitaire - pines along river Riley Ranch
American Robin
European Starling
Spotted Towhee - adult and a young at Tum Res
Song Sparrow
Black-headed Grosbeak - lots along
Western Meadowlark
Yellow-headed Blackbird - 1 adult male, Hatfield
Brewer's Blackbird
House Finch
Red Crossbill - Tum Res, using the big cottonwood!
House Sparrow

Total number of species seen: 53
Birders today, new to Bend, Jim Burrows and Susan Chavez, and Joe Leeak.
Rest of us, Kelly Hazen, Marion Davidson, Toni and Peter Morozumi, Mark
Neudorfer, Mike Golden, Sue Bertsch, Howard Horvath, David
Sowards-Emmerd, and Judy Meredith. Next week, the Sunriver area, a
longer day probable. Cheers, Judy, <jmeredit...>