Date: 7/3/18 12:19 pm
From: Andrew Block <ablock22168...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] extralimital spoonbill and whistling ducks in NJ
Hi all,
Just to let people know I saw 10 Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks and an immature Roseate Spoonbill in NJ this morning.  I wonder if the ducks on LI are strays from this flock since these were only an hour or so away and have been there about a week or so.  The ducks were in Monroe Twp. and the spoonbill was at Brigantine NWR.  The ducks were seen as of about 5:30am and the spoonbill as of 8:40am.  Also seen were several Clapper Rails, 3 Blue Grosbeaks, and 2 Whimbrels along with the usuals.  Directions can be found on the NJ listserv or from me if interested.
Andrew
Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist
20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4629
www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/