Date: 7/2/18 10:16 pm
From: B Boekelheide <bboek...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] A little help with bird song or call
Hi, Jane —

I’ll take a stab — call of Purple Martin? Maybe a agitated or mobbing call? Sept 7 seems late, but maybe not.

Bob Boekelheide
Dungeness

From: Jane Hadley <hadleyj1725...> <mailto:<hadleyj1725...>>
Subject: [Tweeters] A little help with bird song or call
Date: July 1, 2018 at 12:13:37 PM PDT
To: "Tweeters, Dear" <tweeters...> <mailto:<tweeters...>>

Hello Tweeters - Bird sounds are not my strong suit. It would be great if I could get some help from the Tweeters community in identifying a bird call or song.
It was recorded with my Android phone on September 7, 2016 in Neah Bay. (Can't remember exactly where in Neah Bay.)
You will have to turn up your volume to hear it, but once you do that, you should be able to hear it well, especially starting about 11 or 12 seconds into the recording. It's a 29-second recording. (I removed wind and other extraneous noises from the original recording to produce this shortened version.)
You can listen to it at:
http://janehadley.net/Tweeters/AudioRecord_4a.wav <http://janehadley.net/Tweeters/AudioRecord_4a.wav>
Thanks for your suggestions as to which bird this might be.
Jane Hadley
Seattle, WA