Date: 7/2/18 3:26 pm
From: mary hrudkaj <mch1096...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Baby Mountain Quail and Special Olympics Opening Ceremony Unofficial Flyover
Just had Mama mountain quail stop by for a visit with her six chicks. There may have been a couple more who showed up after the group left the feeding area but, between every one moving about and shrubbery in the way, there may have been one or two more.

Today is the first I've seen the babies since I was gone all day Sunday to the opening ceremonies of the Special Olympics USA Games at Husky Stadium. During the ceremony there were at least three species of dragon or damsel flies zooming just over the heads of all the viewers in the stands. Just after the raising of the Special Olympics flag a Great Blue Heron came in from Lake Washington and flew the length of the stadium. Our family is calling it the 'official' flyover since no aircraft other than float planes made themselves evident.

Mary Hrudkaj

Belfair/Tahuya