Date: 7/2/18 6:25 am
From: Evelyn Nathan <evynathan...>
Subject: [NHBirds] rail in Kingston, cont'd
I’m posting again because I’m so excited about my rail…Steve Arena from Mass., who says he’s been studying marsh birds for years, was kind enough to listen to my clips and send me some of his own. We decided that the bird I saw and recorded does match up with Virginia rail!! It may be a first for Kingston, but I’m not sure about that. I’ve only ever seen one other relative of the Virginia rail, and that was a “light-footed, or Ridgeway’s rail” in the Tijuana estuary in California, so that makes the VR a lifer for me as well. Yee-ha!
Evy Nathan
Kingston